Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Day 6: Last Day in Sabah

Continue from previous post.

Sorry for a long delay from Day 5 post. Life is getting very very hard and stress. But without writing day 6, things get incomplete :)

Day 6 is quite a resting day to all of us, after getting down from the mountain. Most of us have sore legs, that makes walking so pain!

The flight is at 7pm, so basically we had half day to walk around. We had a breakfast at Gaya Street, is Curry Mee. How to say? It’s different. The noodle is special, which looks like cintan mee, but it’s not.


The street of Gaya in the morning. Motocycle is rare thing at there.

The new mall, Suria Sabah. It’s still not yet fully open, with a lot empty shop lots. By that time has book fair with dirt cheap book, so I got 1 humour book, which until now I also not yet finish reading :(

X-Plorer Backpackers, our stay places. Got to check out by 1pm, haiz… Good bye! i will miss the people~

The transparent toilet, cool~

Lunch was Dumpling with Century Egg noodle. Not that impressive, and expensive… chop tourist one!

This is the central market. It’s full range of souvenirs, like pearls, handcrafts, batik, aiya, all sort of traditional toys and keychains. Do some head count, then bought some gifts to friends.

After some “long” and tired walk, is time to sit down and have some drink. Coconut drink is all time favourite. I still don’t know where they got that much of coconuts, and the whole street is selling the same drink, same price… Weird.

1 coconut is RM2.50, for cold one is RM3.00. Each of us ordered 1 coconut, drink till very full, a very satisfy one!

Some fruit I don’t know the name… With very weird taste, yuck.

People is playing chess under tree, so “happening”.


The guy at X-Plorer helped us hired a taxi to the Airport, RM25 just for a damn 10 minutes drive. If next time I am jobless, I will drive taxi in Penang.

At the airport, I saw clown fish, Nemo.

With his friend, Dolly. (ignore the uncle behind)

And another ugly friend.

See what Dolly is doing…? Ha.


The flight departed at 7pm, and reached KLIA at 9:30pm, roughly. Everyone was tired, but this trip is very significant to me.

  1. This is the first destination that I been in my travel list, still have many more pending.
  2. This is my 100% self sponsored trip, thanks to my boss who pay for my work~ Whole trip spent about RM1200 include 2 ways flight. And in the future, all will be self sponsored.
  3. Whole trip was planned with Nana using Google, GPS, and read forums, and all bookings are done directly with the service, no agents involved. Cut cost~
  4. First time encounter wild boars family, scare the shit out of us.
  5. Thanks to mom who called me every night.
  6. Thanks to Bobby, Nana, and Kelvin to be so sporting to say “YES! Let’s go!”
  7. Thanks to my Sony Ericsson C905 phone camera.
  8. Thanks to the weather to be so cooperative during our mountain hiking.
  9. Thanks everyone who make my day so bright, in my worst ever mood of my life… Thanks.

Sometimes not because you can sacrifice, you can work so hard, you can fall down and climb up again, will come with success. By the time you persuade for something or someone, must set a ‘give-up’ point, else, the one get hurt will be yourself, and no one will feel pity towards you.

So, Kinabalu Trip is done.

I can sense my next trip could be Singapore and Korea, wohoo!!!!!  

Enter your email address to subscribe to my feed:

Delivered by FeedBurner


sioukee said...

The fruit is call buah Salak. How can you not know~

VHanded Cheepeng said...

Because I am not buah Salak.

Design by Vhanded 2007 some right reserved