Monday, June 2, 2008

Mandarin -- Most Native Speakers Language

I just updated my knowledge about the most widely native used language in the world. Guess what? Is mandarin!

While my all-time-favorite secondary language, English is rank world no.3, unbelievable? Maybe, I don't have real travel experience, not sure most what most people around the world is speaking. So this discovery make me feel proud, as I can speak and write Mandarin, fluently!~

Malay as my country -- Malaysia's national language, is ranked 53. And I admit my worst language is Malay, no offence.

Here is the list of language according to number of native speakers:

1. Mandarin
2. Spanish
3. English
4. Hindi-Urdu
5. Arabic
6. Portuguese
7. Bengali
8. Russian
9. Japanese
10. German
11. Punjabi
12. Wu
13. Javanese
14. Telugu
15. Marathi
16. Vietnamese
17. Korean
18. Tamil
19. French
20. Italian
...
...
...
53. Malay
...
...
...

我会讲华语~

 

Wow, number's of languages in the world are so many. Will globalization kill those less-used languages in the future? It's up to the race to protect their own language.

Take Note:
This list is the language base on the most widely used native language, means the language that used as primary language.

Mandarin estimated has 882 million native, 178 million as secondary language, total = 1.05 billion.

While English estimated 375 million native, 1125 million as secondary language, total = 1.5 billion.

If counted with secondary language, English is still the world most widely used CURRENTLY.

Today's Quote:
It's up to us to protect our language, if you don't, your language will be forgotten.

Enter your email address to subscribe to my feed:

Delivered by FeedBurner

2 comments:

Khayshi said...

yohoo~ see, Malaysians are so blessed!

VHanded Cheepeng said...

khays: proud as Malaysian, proud I can talk with 1.05 billions people around the world~

 
Design by Vhanded 2007 some right reserved


ss_blog_claim=29236a83432e7720600b9f84edc42bd8