Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Bug--First they send in their drone, then they find their queen.

What is the title? Is it that "bug"? Yes, just a 3 alphabets movie title, but don't under estimate it, this movie was rated 7.5 out of 10 at Internet Movie Database (IMDb.com), based on 6 reviews tallied so far. This is not documentary bug movie, it's a horror movie.

The Plot
The waitress Agnes (Ashley Judd), lives in fear of her violent ex-husband Jerry Goss (Harry Connick Jr.), who has been let out of jail. Agnes meets Peter (Michael Shannon), they get together and in love. Peter starts to talk about the war in Iraq, UFOs, the Oklahoma City bombings, cult suicides, and secret government experiment on soldiers. He is contending with an apparent infestation of parasites and insects. Oddness darkens into madness. Other characters include Agnes' lesbian friend and co-worker, played by Lynn Collins, and Peter's doctor, played by Brían F. O'Byrne. The story has domestic violence, conspiracy theories, paranoia and madness that borders on schizophrenia.

The result
Bug movie received its world premiere in France at the Directors' Fortnight section at the Cannes Film Festival in May 2006. Film critic Roger Ebert wrote: "The film has caused a stir at Cannes, not least because its stars, Ashley Judd and Michael Shannon, achieve a kind of manic intensity that’s frightening not just in itself but because you fear for the actors." In its opening week in France, it ranked as number 20 of the most visited films of the week, and earned $216,244 from 66 screens.

My thought of this film
I didn't feel any after effect if I watch ghost or spirit type horror movie. What make me always remind myself is those insane killer, zombie, and maybe bugs. I personally hate cockroach. Hate them in my room hate them everywhere. From the trailer, I can't really understand the movie, so have to get myself a ticket and get some bugs into my body in cinema. This must be the most horror movie I ever watch this year.

 

Bug movie Trailer

Enter your email address to subscribe to my feed:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

 
Design by Vhanded 2007 some right reserved


ss_blog_claim=29236a83432e7720600b9f84edc42bd8